Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several important benefits.
- Bite and tooth alignment: If you have a missing tooth or teeth, your surrounding teeth may shift out of position, affecting the alignment of your teeth and bite. By filling in the space left by missing teeth, dental implant-supported restorations prevent the teeth from moving out of their proper positions.
- Appearance: Missing teeth leave noticeable gaps in your smile. With the use of dental implants and natural looking restorations, we can maintain the appearance of your smile.
- Long lasting: Dental implants will never shift out of place. If you maintain good dental hygiene, they will typically last the rest of your life.
- Unparalleled stability: Dental implants securely hold restorations in place. You can be confident that your replacement teeth will remain firmly in their proper positions when eating and speaking.
- Unprecedented protection for your oral health: Dental implants are the only type of dental restoration that keeps your jawbone from shrinking. By replacing your dental roots and stimulating your jawbone, your body will continue to send nutrients to the area.
Risks of Dental Implants
Dental implants require oral surgery, and all surgery does involve some risk. These may include:
- Nerve damage
- Damage to the sinus passages
- Implant failure
Although these risks may sound alarming, they are extremely rare. Implant surgery has a remarkable success rate of 95 percent. When you choose an experienced dentist like Dr. Whiteman, these risks are less likely to occur.
Further Minimizing Your Risks
Dr. Whiteman supervises the entire implant process from placement to restoration. Thanks to this comprehensive approach, he can better control your surgical outcomes and the aesthetics of your smile.
To ensure your complete safety, Dr. Whiteman will discuss your health history and look for any health conditions that may affect your ability to undergo surgery. He will also take digital x-rays to look for signs of bone degeneration. With insufficient bone volume, you will be at a higher risk for implant failure. If needed, Dr. Whiteman can perform bone grafting or a sinus lift to create a stronger base for your implants.
Following any preparatory procedures, Dr. Whiteman will place your implants using precise techniques and advanced technology. He will monitor your recovery to reduce discomfort and ensure your safety. When you have fully healed, he will attach your permanent and highly lifelike restoration.
Learn More about the Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
At Whiteman Dental Associates, you can enjoy a stunning smile, along with complete safety and peace of mind. Contact our office today.